Itâ€™s that time of year! Youâ€™ve decided to join a boat club or the shows are coming up and youâ€™re craving a new boat. All thatâ€™s left to do is sell your old boat to pay for your new plan.
Here are a few tips to help you get it sold quickly and at the right price.
- Get the message out there through heavy advertising. Use boating websites, social media, the local newspaper and any other available publications. Make sure to always add photos to your advertisement.
- Set a fair price. You donâ€™t want to lose early prospects that are really interested, because youâ€™re trying to get an unrealistic price. If you can get your boat sold quickly, youâ€™ll avoid ongoing advertising, storage, maintenance and time costs used in showing the boat.
- Always warm up the engine before you show the boat. Not only will the engine sound great, it will also help avoid the possibility of a dead battery.
- Make it shine. Go the extra mile to polish or wax the boat. Little touch ups and air fresheners can help seal the deal. Itâ€™s quick, easy and perfect for that prospect to get the right first impression
- Empty storage areas and show how spacious they are instead of having them filled to capacity with junk.
- You may want to apply a fresh coat of paint to the bottom of the boat.Â Experienced buyers will want to look over the hull for damage, and you want it to look its best!
- Be organized and have your title, registration, extended warranty and service records in a neat binder.
- The easiest solution happens when you join a boat club. If the boat club is run on a dealership model, the club owner will sell your boat for you and get you in the club immediately. You donâ€™t have to think about your boat again. It is an immediate, no-hassle solution.Â Read more about how to switch from ownership to hassle-free Carefree Boat Club membership!
Best of luck using these tips to get your boat sold quickly and at the best price!!