No one asks “Are we there yet?” when youâ€™re going full throttle!
When you hear the phrase â€œgetting away from it all,â€ itâ€™s not meant to be taken literally! One of the best reasons for boatingÂ is to go out on the water with friends and family. Â It’s a time to unplug, to enjoy each other while enjoying the sun and lake. Â It’s also important to take a break from the daily grind. That’s good medicine! We are all too busy, but there are no schedules on the water! Just relax and experience God’s beautiful creation!
Almost everyone wants to enjoy the boating experience. They’ve told us so. They even know their favorite maritime activities.
A study conducted by the National Marine Manufacturers Association listed fishing as respondentsâ€™ favorite boating activity by a whopping 54 percent of the people surveyed. The other 46 percent? Many of them just like to cruise and relax. Some like to water ski, kneeboard, wakeboard, surf (yes, surfing is possible behind some boats now!) or, the activity most children list as their favorite: riding on the tube! Some folks just like to find a quiet cove to stare at the waves and enjoy nature.
Our point? Recreational boating gets people out of the house. It allows your co-workers or your family to release stress. Boating helps create a sense of community on the water. It can be an adult getaway or family fun time. Boating forms bonds and creates memories that can be shared across generations. These memories will last a life time. Children grow up way too fastÂ these days,Â andÂ before you know it, theyÂ are off on their own. Boating is a fun way to connect, recharge, and spend time actually WITH each other, in the present, with all the technology necessary for fun and safety, but (hopefully) no video games or distractions. Just your loved ones, a boat, some water and memories to cherish.